17 December 2006

the rolling stones once had a song with this title

Still doing the Sunday morning rounds, I came across this story about yet another web phenonemon, by which I refer to both the product andthe person behind it. It's FaceBook, apparently something similar to MySpace (*).

What really got my attention was the bit about how Mark Zuckerberg, the inventor of FaceBook, used to have business cards that said "I'm CEO...bitch." If it says "used to", obviously he's learnt something. Perhaps that it portrays him in a very poor light: it's hardly the way to introduce yourself to someone you want to do business with, I would have thought. And as for this use of growing use of "bitch" as a derogatory term for everyone...

Anyway Mr Zuckerberg has just knocked back $1bn for his company so maybe it does work and I just don't understand. On the other hand, I visited the CEO of a very successful local company a couple of weeks ago. His card says "worker". Draw your own conclusions about how he relates to his staff and others.


(*) When Offspring No 1 moved from Blogger to MySpace, I commented to him that I didn't understand MySpace. He, at age 27, said he didn't either as it was designed for 14 year olds. Which still doesn't explain why he moved.

2 comments:

JahTeh said...

MySpace is there for all us old codgers to trawl through and feel superior especially where spelling is concerned.

phil said...

yes, age is no impediment to snarkiness.

About Me