26 February 2007

bits and pieces part (n+1)

Killing off the princesses

Well you keep reading about girls who think they are, or want to be, princesses. There may not be many about in future if some behaviour I saw today is commonplace: namely, two separate incidents where young women just stepped off the kerb in defiance of the red light - well, I am a princess and people must understand that I come first - and both almost got run over. They'll need to figure out that wandering through the mall while texting, and expecting that everyone will clear a path, doesn't work in all circumstances.

Promoting the princesses

Maxine vs the lying piece of shit, eh? Ms McKew comes over as very intelligent, able to marshall the facts and responses, and not averse to a stoush. The Libs will need to do better than trot out the Mad Monk with his
silly put-downs. Or the lying piece of shit with his "the candidate" turn of phrase.

Wannabe princesses

Brendan Nelson puts his foot in it, then turns up in Parliament to declare that black is, in fact, white and the rest of us were wrong, or deaf. Or stupid. As well as getting valuable column inches in the Letters to the Ed. Get over it, you stuffed up.


4 comments:

The Editor said...

Quite like the idea of Sexy Maxi unseating HoWARd.

phil said...

I think the howard huggers are underrating her. She's a smart cookie (as we are wont to say) and will quickly pick up the political skillzzzzz. Let 'em go on underrating her and trying to send her up, it all adds to the head of steam.

The Editor said...

I don't underrate here. I think she's quite politically savvy. I would not have gone public about the death threats though... I had a nightmare of her doing a video in which she says "If you're seeing this, I've been murdered..." No, I would not have gone public with it...

phil said...

"If you're seeing this, it means John Howard has been reelected."

Now that's a nightmare...

About Me