08 February 2007

head injuries

If Peter Garrett is going to continue using the extremely irritating pseudo-business phrase 'going forward' as frequently as he did on 7.30 report tonight, I might have to go forward to reconsidering my vote. Where's the Maintenance of Less Irritating Forms of English Language Usage Party when you need them?

Apart from that phrase intruding into my consciousness as I was scoffing dinner, I didn't really pay a lot of attention, but whenever I glanced at the screen Malcolm appeared the more polished performer. Garrett seemed to hesitate a bit more - you could almost hear the media training cogs clicking over. Watch out for the crocodiles. There was a bit of that from Turnbull as well. Interesting, really: after a few years they will become very practised at not answering the question at all, but at the moment the natural inclination to do the right thing and address the substance of the question still seems dominant. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have a bit more of that from those who dominate the ether?

Also, dark suit, Peter. We are on TV, not stomping about the environment.

No comments:

About Me