06 July 2006

reflections

  1. The main reason everyone - well, Bush, Howard and Downer - are going nuts about North Korea's pathetic attempts to get a fireworks night rocket up is not the 'clear and present danger', to coin a cliche, but the uncertainty caused to capital markets, creating pressure on interest rates. That's a real clear and present danger to our best mates, and that's very important.
  2. My old mum was always going on about how good she was at history when she was at school: "1066, Battle of Hastings." But ask her what did it signify - blank. Julie Bishop is just another one, in a government full of 'em.
  3. Nice to see a bit more attention to David Hicks' treatment. Can they keep him in Guantanamo until after the next federal election?
  4. I was very disturbed to see people on TV acting just like me when I'm watching the news at home. Most unbecoming. Now I know what Mrs v v b has been on about for the last 10 years. And aren't nimbys ugly when they're angry. I definitely won't be carrying on any more.

On the other hand, I might just chuck this Mrs v v b's way and then duck for cover when the response gets launched. Also, I need to get her some more aprons. Heh, thanks Helen, you can expect some collateral damage:-).

No comments:

About Me