27 September 2006

the good, the bad, the ugly, the others

New Matilda has a nice little article by Andrew West that deftly skewers the ugly little piece of excrement that passes for the prime minister of this fair land as a manipulative and revisionist...well...little piece of excrement. However, as such views are not new around these parts and are vexatious to the spirit, let us hurry on....

LeftWrites has a
fabulous piece of analysis about the close connections between the Global War on Terror (tm) and what we used to do to witches ("build a bridge out of her!"). What this article demonstrates to me mainly is how traits in human behaviour stay consistent through the ages. It's a bit of a stretch to think that those currently propagating the GWOT - ie the supposed response, not the terrorism bit - did any research on witches and how they represented an earlier type of terrorism, but the responses are remarkably similar.

Margaret Whitlam
lets a few volleys go. What a woman!

Finally, brew number 10, a
Morgans Australian Bitter, has been bubbling slowly but steadily downstairs for the last three days. All the signs are positive. I need someone to cast a spell to ensure it's a good'un...maybe a witch?





3 comments:

JahTeh said...

I hesitate to facilitate the destruction of your liver but spell cast.

phil said...

I'm not casting aspersions on your wiccan abilities, but any liver damage is probably more related to the fact that I'm the only beer drinker in the house and I brew in batches of 20 litres.

JahTeh said...

Only batches of 20 litres! As me dear old dad would have said, 'I spill more than that' and that's no lie. My mother used to ring the Scouts to book a bottle drive.

About Me