10 September 2006

hold on to me

...or not, as the case may be. Any casual visitors looking for recent postings will have been dreadfully disappointed. Said lack of posting has resulted mainly from having been relatively ill, for a person who normally enjoys robust health. It's just something that has been going around - flu and all that goes with it, followed by a lingering cough that I still haven't shaken nearly two weeks on - interferes with sleep an' all, so you end up going to bed earlier 'cos you're tired, and so on.

But I've also got a bit tired (again) of blogging, even to the extent of not doing the rounds of my faves as much as I used. The arguments are by and large getting a bit tired; the extreme drives out the considered; and some of the good ones have disappeared into the ether.

I was going to do a link to the
online furore about the program about to be aired on 9/11, and there you go, I've done it. I'm not surprised about stories of secret cabals within Hollywood seeking to institutionalise a 'right-wing', 'Christian' agenda against the usual claims of the film industry's left-wing bias. The reason I'm not surprised is that, while I subscribe to the dictum that "if it's a choice between a stuff-up and a conspiracy, go for the stuff-up every time", I'm still a sucker for a good conspiracy theory.

On another tack entirely,
my favourite Tory lists his favourite cars. It's a shame that most are in the prohibitively expensive category but very revealing that the Vauxhall (nee Holden) Monaro gets a guernsey. On that particular episode of Top Gear, the Munro beat the S-type Jag and the Chrysler 300C over a series of objective and subjective criteria. If you've never seen Top Gear then do yourself a favour (as Molly used to say) and watch it. Even Mrs VVB, never much enamoured of motor cars (mainly because of the thousands I have thrown away on them) is a fan. What more can I say.

Well, nothing, really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've been ill, Phil. I got heavily lurgified as well, so haven't been reading as much as usual apart from threadwrangling at LP.

At least the weather's warming and the garden's blooming and it's all feeling cheerier. Hope it's the same for you.

At least there's a weekly dose of Top Gear.

About Me