28 July 2006

Im gonna be strong

So you go out to lunch with a few old, as in former, colleagues. It's a great catch-up, particularly as the denizen from Melbourne brings the rain. It's funny in a sense, but you seem to appreciate people a lot more with the benefit of a bit of distance and a (perhaps fairly recently acquired) ability to listen better, look for the nuances and get a lot more out of conversations. Maybe it was my imagination, but there was a bit less of the one-upsmanship that always seemed to be the feature of conversations in earlier days.

That said, there's always a few surprises. Why would an acknowledged fellow-traveller want to challenge me not to blog about the Hon John Howard MP, duly and popularly elected Prime Minister of our fair land, not to mention our incredibly able and hard-working Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade, the Hon Alexander Downer MP. Surely the embedded links I have been using are an indication of my respect for the outcomes of the popular mandate - in Benelong and Mayo certainly. I was shocked I tell you, quite shocked. Anyway mate, I suggest you have look around and have good long think about the terms of any wagers. To comment, she is not to blog per se, capiche?

That said, I can't remember what was the consideration of the wager. How about a new job for you?

No comments:

About Me