03 September 2006

one flu over the cuckoo's nest

Meh. Another perfect leafy western suburbs weekend gone and I felt like shit all through it. Managed to get a little yard cleaning done today but had to have a good rest afterwards. I haven't been this crook for ages. My throat feels like someone's taken to it with a chainsaw.

There's a stack of work to be done and I can't raise the energy to even think about the issues: I did manage to type out a summary page of some budget figures that will contribute to thinking at some future time. I hope tomorrow I'll feel better.

A few things have struck the consciousness over the weekend that I could have commented on, but the only one that remains was what Costello said at Don Chipp's funeral: something about how all Victorians would be sorry at Chipp's passing. "Victorians?" What bloody stupid thought process leads to that? Is he campaigning in the Victorian elections (well yes, but even so...). Bloody weird.

And as for
this - does he realise that there might actually be some tension between members/users (who want low costs and premiums) and shareholders (who want profits, generfated through higher premiums)? The most ideological government since Whitlam.

Fortunately here in sunny Queensland we don't need none of that there ideology, as the campaign ads for both Labor and the Coalition demonstrate. Talk about amateur hour. What a waste of money.

Finally, I was looking for something that I thought I had read earlier but got this instead. Why baboons make poor CEOs, or some other conclusion you may wish to draw.

No comments:

About Me