18 August 2006

the road to Mandalay


Here are some photos of Burma (as I still call it, now officially Myanmar of course.

This is the plain at Pagan. I've forgotten how many temples - the figure 140 springs to mind but this was 20 years ago....




Bullock cart near a village on the road to Mandalay - yes, really.



Temple outside Mandalay.








The U Bein bridge.







This has taken me about two hours. I had to close down Blogger and IE after each upload. Sometimes the uploads didn't work. Sometimes all I got was the previous photo, hence having to close down so I could do a fresh load. When they did load, the first two were loaded in order, then the next ones were loaded at the front of the post, not where the cursor was. Very frustrating. Anybody got any ideas why and/or how to fix?

Anyway, I hope you like them.

2 comments:

JahTeh said...

Apparently this has been happening to a few blogs, mine included, for the past week. Spooks in the network!

phil said...

Momo - there's heaps of stories but I'd need to actually go away and write them so they don't come out as just "we did this and then we did that" and so on. I could leave out the classified bits. Actually, I"m fearful that it would all come out wrong just because we had the opportunity to live in Burma and other places because it all sounds so romantic or whatever. I'll think about it...

About Me