31 May 2006

two tribes

...is what we will increasingly have in Australia as the wages of the lowest of the low are driven down while the salary packages of the highest of the high are ramped up by the ubiquitous remuneration advice industry. Benchmarking, doncha know. And the Prime Miniature thinks that we work for the good of the economy, rather than the opposite. I think he might have a reality check heading his way as people figure just how widely and deeply the workforLess legislation will hit them, their families and their friends. Plus I also suspect that most people also believe that the economy, so skillfully steered by the government, is there for them, rather than vice versa. Watch this space.

And I see that my opposition to the sale of the Snowy scheme lumps me with the extreme right, according to Crikey. Well bugger me, as they say. Who'd have thunk it?

Finally, it seems that the great Queensland conservative merger is off. Now, to my point from last night. It emerges that there was no unanimous agreement in the party room, rather some members were opposed. Nor was there even a vote. Now, if actual active party members can't trust their leaders, what chance does the ordinary voter have?


Update 1: Maybe it's just stupidity or incompetence rather than outright bastardry? Or an oversight - oops, we forgot to consult! Did you really wanted to be asked what you thought? Happens, you know.

Update 2: Quick, someone hit me over the head.

2 comments:

tomic said...

re: Update 2 - Good grief. Doesn't exactly compare to RS4 discussed last night does it? Mind you initial outlay probably wouldn't hurt the wallet quite so deep either.

phil said...

That is just what Eric the half a car looked like. I get all misty, even now. We have a picture taken when I owned it with me on the bonnet: shoulder length hair, yellow body shirt, pink corduroy pants. But you have to imagine it because it's a black and white photo.

About Me