27 January 2010

dance away

Note to makers of TV dance shows:


  • rolling on the floor is not dancing

  • calisthenics is not dancing

  • lifting somebody is not dancing, unless it is interspersed with actual dancing

  • just waggling your jangly bits and shuddering a lot is not dancing

  • 'popping' certainly is not dancing.
What is dancing?


  • ballet (without rolling on the floor or calisthenics)

  • the Quickstep

  • the Pride of Erin

  • the Canadian Two-Step

  • waltzing.
Also, comparing a national style of dance with some made-up contemporary rubbish is rubbish. Apples, oranges, pears. Also Calisthenics.

Sometimes you run across somebody who has Something Important to say to you, but they just can't articulate it.

Here's one I discovered earlier.


Many might truly believe that such is the Day to Day/ZeroDay to
ZeroDay Reality that Politicians Spin to their Own Sadly Crooked Advantage, for Great Vision and Advanced Intelligence is Missing from their Penny Dreadful Arsenals/Treasuries/MetaDataBase Mines which are Fixated on Hiding Dirty Secrets rather Eliminating and Illuminating Enlightening Secrets.



My response to this can be found in the venerable text of the Beatles' Strawberry Fields Forever:

Always, no, sometimes, think it's me
but you know I know and it's a dream
I think I know, I mean, err yes, but it's all wrong
that is, I think I disagree.

1 comment:

BwcaBrownie said...

In order to witness televised contests of any kind, I would have to be drugged and hogtied.
as for Dancing With The bloody 'Stars' ... as Groucho implied when he said a woman is a woman but a good cigar is a smoke -

The Tango is a bloody dance.

Nijinsky and Nureyev were dancers,
Fred Astaire was a dancer.

It's not the steps, it's the style.

About Me