07 August 2007

war pigs

P2B=medium but exercised.

Let the deep and meaningful analysis occur elsewhere. This is just to say that we think it's going to be a dirty campaign (well, on one side anyway). People who are born to rule (Hammy alert - look away! look away!!) don't take readily to being deprived of relevance. And he thinks Rudd's vain!! Fuck me, how do you spell deluded?

That said, I reckon Peter Dutton has lost them the conservative/bogan 18-29 demographic (I'm sure there is such a thing...actually, wasn't there a Young National actually on Big Brother a while ago?).

Don't overlook the influence of
this person - (warning - another puke alert) - whatever the rodent may think about his party wanting him, the country needing him or his endless quest to be whatever it was he imagined himself as a youth (oh, I forgot, he actually wanted to be PM...), it'll take a B-double full of fertiliser to extract Hyacinth from the perch on the harbour.

Throwing buckets of money at superannuated National Party councillors seems downright stupid, although it does explain the joint Senate ticket in Queensland I suppose.

On the other side, it'll be either nano-scale targets (and keeping Julia out of sight while Wayne Swan learns the art of the 10 second grab, something he has yet to master) or efforts such as
this which induce nausea even in partisans such as yer 'umble scribe.

On second thoughts, my response is probably classic baby boomer so can be discounted commensurately.

As if to prove that as a political strategist I'm the equal of any (male) quantity surveyor, I'd simply suggest that on interest rates, the line should simply be "he takes credit when they go down and points the finger when they go up." Evasiveness in leaders is not appreciated. Let's see what the Reserve Bank does.


I get all squirmy when elections roll around. I love the theatre and the uncertainty, but the rest is very cringe-y, as Mrs VVB puts it. As this photo from what must have been the 18 October 1980 Federal election shows, I don't take losing easily. Grown men do cry over the silliest things.

Addendum: something to cheer up all lovers of management fads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you didn't get laksa in your eye?

I do drop in to see how things are going you know?

Going well.

phil said...

Laksa country to be sure, butthe only stuff I got in my eye there was Tiger.

About Me