25 January 2006

I'll never understand how this is meant to work

How can someone repeatedly answer I don't know in front of an Inquiry established under the Royal Commissions Act 1902 before something snaps? Isn't there some limit which is reached where the Commissioner says "you're lying" and said witness either gets contempt of court and spell of deprivation of liberty, or is sent somewhere to be eaten by buffaloes? I'm not so naive that someone who is evidently incapable of running a company wouldn't be employed in a well-paid executive position again - after all, that's what the old boys' network is for, isn't it? - but there must be some sanction applied?

And just for laughs,
this . Can someone do a similar version for Australia? Talk about scarifying (and hilarious). I should have hat-tipped where I got it, but regrettably I have forgotten and several minutes' searching has failed to throw it up (so to speak). Will amend if and/or when I find it. (Update) Meh. It was from the blogwatch section of today's Crikey. I gotta get out more.

Remember tomorrow to honour your god, serve your queen and salute the flag. It's unAustralian not to do so. And eat some
lamb. You know it makes sense.

No comments:

About Me