11 January 2006

Listen to the music

A couple of weeks ago the Minister for Home Affairs and I went to see - and hear - the Doobies. We don't get out much, for different reasons, so this was quite special for us. As we walked in we saw lots of people who looked quite old - rather like us, really, but this came as a real shock. I envied those few blokes not in slacks and checked shirts, but rather in jeans and black t-shirts and with earrings and pony-tails. When I grow up, I'm going to dress like that (if I'm allowed).

The show was pretty damned good - for a big band (8) they were extremely tight and, in their post Michael McDonald period they sounded exactly like they did when they first got big. Played all the good stuff and the crowd was up and rocking. The only slightly bizarre note was that the bloke taking most of the lead vocals - Tom Johnston - looked exactly like Jim Haynes.

No comments:

About Me