- Howard was more magnanimous than I would have expected;
- but his voice still makes me want to break things;
- Mrs VVB noticed that Janette was nudging and urging him all the time, whereas Therese Rein just beamed and applauded Kevin;
- Costello looked more human than I have ever seen him;
- Kevin Rudd needs to learn to use the second person more frequently - there is enormous power in using 'you' rather than talking in the third person abstract, particularly in relation to the "great Australian people" and even moreso in relation to your own family, for crying out loud;
- he could also perhaps drop the frequency of the "great Australian people" line - out the back door, perhaps?
- who promised to govern for all Australians in 1996?
- who did in 2007?
- will he?
- we're still under the colonial yoke in Ryan, I must have a word with our neighbour;
- but it's a new dawn.
Afterthought - I should have visited the Canberra Times before now. Geoff Pryor did his analysis and came up with this cracker of a cartoon. Given Mrs VVB's observations on Janette tonight, the panes on the left of the cartoon are spot on. It's only come out lately how much influence she has wielded and it's been of a particularly narrow, pernicous and socially regressive type.
Presumably Therese will simply want to screw workers' entitlements :-)
Also, this will be the last Howardia post.
I would expect.